This PSEB 12th Class History Notes Chapter 8 Guru Har Rai Ji and Guru Har Krishan Ji will help you in revision during exams.
PSEB 12th Class History Notes Chapter 8 Guru Har Rai Ji and Guru Har Krishan Ji
Guru Har Rai Ji:
- Guru Har Rai Ji was born on 30th January 1630 A.D. at Kiratpur Sahib.
- He was the grandson of Guru Hargobind Ji.
- He was married to Sulakhni, the daughter of Daya Ram of Anup city.
- He assumed Guruship on March 8, 1645 A.D.
- He established three centres for the propagation of Sikhism which he called ‘Bakhshishes’.
- Dara, the son of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan often came for the darshan of Guru Har Rai Ji.
- Guru Har Rai Ji helped Dara against Aurangzeb.
- On being summoned to Delhi by Aurangzeb, Guru Har Rai Ji sent his son Ram Rai to Delhi.
- Because, he deliberately misinterpreted the Gurbani in Delhi Darbar, he was declared unworthy of Guruship by Guru Har Rai Ji.
- He appointed his younger son Har Krishan as his successor.
- He immersed in Eternal Light on October 6, 1661 A.D.
Guru Har Krishan Ji:
- He was born on July 7, 1656 A.D. at Kiratpur Sahib.
- The name of his father was Guru Har Rai Sahib and the name of his mother was Sulakhni.
- He assumed Guruship at a small age of 5 years in 1661 A.D.
- He is often remembered as the Bal Guru.
- He was summoned by Aurangzeb to Delhi.
- He went to Delhi in 1664 A.D. where he tirelessly served the people suffering from smallpox and cholera.
- He himself fell a victim to smallpox.
- He immersed in Eternal Light on March 30, 1664 A.D. at Delhi.
- He uttered the words “Baba Bakala” before breathing his last which meant that the next Guru of the Sikhs is at Baba Bakala.